Friday, October 1, 2010

2007-2008 BJP News!

I applied a couple of weeks ago to the Southern Highland Craft Guild - it's a juried membership with a two-part jury process. The first part is an Image Jury. You send them 5 photographs of your work and then you either get a letter of approval or you get your photos back.

I got an approval letter today! I am currently a member of this year's BJP, but due to some personal things going on with me this year, I have not actually been doing any bead embroidery. However, one of the images I sent in was my project from the 2007-2008 BJP, which I titled Elemental:


The second part of the process is an Object Jury, where you send them 5 pieces and they do a final selection. I will be in the January 21, 2011 Object Jury, so it will be a while still before I know whether I made it, but I am very excited and optimistic.

I currently have only one piece completed that isn't jewelery (my framed Elemental bead embroidery piece) so I might use the next three months to complete another mixed media piece. I made bead embroidered inchies for the 2008-2009 BJP and they would make some really nice wall art along with some fabric. I just wish I had enough time to do all of the things running around in my head right now!

So, anyway, I just wanted to share with you all (especially Robin - thank you!!!) how much the BJP has meant to me and how it has helped me evolve as an artist. I'm not sure when I'll be able to complete my 2010 BJP, but I do plan on finishing. I've really enjoyed following everyone else with their projects. :)

1 comment:

Jody said...

Very nicely done, I always love the different colors of the leaves during the fall season.

Love your design & your colors. thanks for sharing