Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lagging Far Behind

After biting off far more than I could chew in terms of projects in March and April, I'm not sure I'm going to catch up before the end of the year. I will, however, give it a try... once I move house in the beginning of November.

I did manage to finally completely finish my March journal project, including beading the necklace on which the yoke hangs, and I'm really pleased with it. Of necessity, the next pieces will be much smaller and simpler, and next year I intend to work in manageable units every month, instead of having one piece eat up 4 months! I'm hoping to at least get through 2-3 more pages/pieces this year.

I'm trying not to consider this a "major bead fail," but instead to see it as a learning experience. I'd never tried bead embroidery before, and I've fallen in love with the art, so even if my first year is a bust in terms of steady production, I think I come out way ahead, and I'm already excited about next year. In 2011 I'll be teaching an Art Journaling workshop twice a month, and I'd like to combine small bead journal pieces with the rest of my journaling efforts. We'll see how that goes...

In the meantime, I've been utterly inspired by everyone else's work, and in awe of your productivity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my(!) it's incredible!!!