Friday, January 1, 2010

Glad to be here!

I'm already at work designing my January journal, and I'm very excited about the project. I hope it will jump start my creativity for 2010 and allow me to explore new ideas. I've decided to use the freedom that the Bead Journal project gives us to the fullest, by creating a wearable, jewelry pin or pendant sized beaded doll every month to represent myself. The dolls will be mixed-media, and I'll be using polymer clay, found objects, beads, wire, glass, paper, and anything else that seems to fit. Each doll will have the same face, but I suspect the end results will be quite different each time. At the end of the project, I'll create an installation piece that incorporates all the dolls. (But don't ask me what form that'll take yet!)

I've revamped my jewelry blog, Fresh Monsters, so that I can keep a record of my efforts, and post images of my progress there. You're all welcome to come take a look at my work develops. I'm looking forward to reading all of your blogs and seeing what you're doing as well. :)

--Kali Tal

No comments: