Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my January piece in progress

This is what I started with: a piece of parfait dyed cotton, a stamp I cut of a fly fungus in Art Nouveau style, Pebeo Setacolor pearl for stamping, cotton scrim and some eyelash yarn.

After stamping, painting and coughing I realized I didn't have the right greens. DD brought them home from work for me today, so I've been beading away this evening. Made the ripe and unripe blackberries last night by wrapping small beads around ponybeads. So far I've used 4 greens, one purple and one pale yellow. I have a pale pistache green bead to add to the bottom area and I'm thinking some golden yellows and browns there too. And I need some weeds around the flyfungus. I love encrusted.


4 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Cobi! Your piece is lovely!!! I love the eyelash yarns, the ephemeral mushrooms, your beaded berries. the "moss" and all the colors!!!! Good progress!

However, for the future (and for everyone else reading this comment)... a reminder that we aren't posting pictures of our BJP projects on the BJP blogs until after April 1st. You're welcome (and encouraged) to post pictures on your own personal blog and then leave a link here. The reason is that some folks don't want to be influenced by the work of others until they have a good feel for what they're doing. Hope everyone understands about that.

Robin A.

Cobi said...

OK, I didn't know that.

MizDenise said...

Lovely work, Cobi! I look forward to following your progress!

Nicki Lee said...

Colbi - I love it! Another fabulous project that I will be looking forward to seeing done.